Sunday, December 20, 2015

Asimina Triloba Germination Evidence

Three of my pawpaw seeds have started to germinate.  I had removed the seed coat of two of the seeds.  The other seed had its seed coat fully intact, but the germinating root clearly cracked through the coat.  I took the pawpaw seeds out of cold storage at different intervals, so I assume that these seeds are the ones removed from cold storage on November 13, the next November 22, the next November 28, and the last December 3.  By my calculations, these seeds require a minimum of 35-45 days to show the slightest sign of germination.  My research indicates the seed will grow a long root first.  I predict that will take until January 20.  Then it should start to push the stem.  By about mid February, I should see the plant poking through the ground.  Once the plants break though the ground, I will place them by a sunny window or under a grow light.  I know that seedling pawpaws cannot tolerate strong light, but  the window filters out some of the sun, so I think it will be okay.  From February to April, I hope to get them to grow several inches so that they are large enough to sell.  I hope to list the little plants on EBay or Amazon in April.  The youngest batch will be about 3 weeks behind the most mature batch.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such amazing information.i hope you keep on sharing such kind of useful information daily.Cold storage in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete