Thursday, April 12, 2012

Apple tree

Last year, my seven year old nephew decided to sprout an apple seed. When it started growing, he decided that he needed to find it a home (his parents' rent their housing). Well, he knows that his Tia is a sucker for a seed so he sent his little sprout to live with me. I don't even know what type of apple it is. I am trying to keep it in a container until he is old enough so that I can send his tree to live with him. By then, it should be producing apples. I don't know how realistic this is, but I love my little nephew and I'm going to try.
After I finish this blog post, I am going to call him and request that he sprout two more apples of a different varieties. I know that in order to get pollination, he will need more than one tree. To be continued in 10 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment